Note: This information is only for basic installs. Some installs may be customized based on customer needs by a Silvon consultant. If your installation has been customized, it may require Service Team assistance.
- Make a backup of the database library.
- Create a new low-level DSL. In Database Install select File and select DSL. Enter a 3 digit number for DSL and select all dimensions to be available for new Structure Code. Then select save and the close button.
- Add new Structure Code. In Database Install select Installation and Structure Code. Select new button, enter a 2 digit (numeric/alpha) in Structure code, enter a description, select type, enter number of buckets, and select the same dimensions. Then selecti save and the close button.
- Define DSL data tables for new Structure Code. In Database Install/Installation/Define tables, highlight the structure code, enter a year and scroll to the new DSL. Then select perform. THis must be done for each year. Then click close.
- Create DSL data tables for new Structure Code. In Database Install/Installation/Create tables, highlight the structure code and select create tables. The job is complete once you see the message, “Table Creation Complete for Structure Code.”
- Create Category for new Structure Code. In Administration/File/Categories, select new, enter a 2 digit (numeric/alpha) in Category, enter short, medium and long descriptions, select datasource (structure code created in step 2 above) and select the values to be included. Then select save and close.
- Attach a corresponding view group to the data source. In Administration/File/Data Source, highlight datasource (structure code created in step 2 above) and select Viewgroup. Then select save and close.
- Update/Verify Import Calendar and View buckets mappings. Go here and review Stratum.Planner and Stratum.Server links.
- On iSeries run job BUILDOSC. Run this for each Category.
- On iSeries run GENFILSRV for each category.
- Load data into the new Structure Code/Category. Use commands IMPDTA/IMPDTL to populate pending file and DALOAD to load data from the pending file into the DSL data tables defined for structure code.