Automation for Refreshing Dynamic User List
Important Note: This whitepaper is for iSeries installations only.
This utility provides the capability to refresh dynamic user lists in batch. By including this utility in a nightly process, dynamic user lists can be refreshed after the database has been updated.
- Restore the program REFRESHUL from the save file AIREFRESH to a library.
- Include the library in step #1 in the library list
- Execute the program REFRESHUL. This program will perform the following actions
- Reads each record in STCSUL10
- For each record in STCSUL10 where ULTYPE = 1 (dynamic user list)
- Deletes all records in STCSUL11 where the ULID and ULUSERID are the same as the record in STCSUL10.
- Executes the SQL statement found in the field ULSQL in STCSUL10.
- Writes the resulting dimension values from the SQL statement to STCSUL11.
The source for the program is included in the source physical file QALLSRC.